Saturday, August 27, 2011

Nobody Knows

I'm an avid listener of podcasts, two of my favorites being "Mormon Stories" and "Mormon Matters", produced by John Dehlin and Dan Wotherspoon. A few of their episodes have featured interviews with Darius Grey and Margaret Young, a team of active Mormons who have dedicated a lot of time and effort to telling the story of the black Mormon experience. They have chronicled this story from the first black members of the Church, all the way to the 1978 revelation allowing all worthy men to hold the priesthood, to current racial attitudes and barriers in the Church.

I bought a copy of their documentary, "Nobody Knows: The Untold Story of Black Mormons". Please watch the trailer here:

http://www.untoldstoryofblackmormons.com/trailer.html

I'm very excited to see this documentary. I am also anxious to have some more free time around Christmas to read the pair's novel trilogy: "Standing on the Promises", which chronicles the same issues.

No comments: