Wednesday, January 19, 2011

a filmmaker's wife

i am a filmmaker's wife. my husband is a graduate student in film production. for the past few weeks he has been working as an assistant editor for a lifetime movie. he gets to assistant edit all night, like 12 plus hours a night, for five times a week.

that's serious stuff, and it means that i've been spending much more time alone lately. i have plenty of things to do, like studying, cleaning, writing, exercising, crafting, reading. but it's not the same without your sweetheart to help fill the empty space and the quiet noise. going to toastmasters, when there is parking available.

nothing is more fortifying than a kind embrace and a snuggle from your loved one.

2 comments:

Shan said...

I'm sorry you're spending so much time alone. Especially at night. Not fun. Amen for doing so much though. You're amazing, love!

Juli and Brett said...

Sorry too! I would not do well in that kind of situation. Hope the project ends soon!

Yep, I am pregnant! Sorry, thought you knew! I am 33 weeks right now, due March 10th. I am so excited to be done and to hold him. It hasn't been a walk in the park the last month, so I will be glad when the pregnancy is over!

PS What cool stuff do you mean? the background?