Wednesday, September 5, 2007

the heat broke

...i thought as i walked into a crisp morning. the storm had cleared the skies and my head.

"You had the best/But you gave her up/'Cause dependency might interrupt/Idealistic will so hard to please/Put your indecisive mind at ease/You broke the set/Now there's only singles/There's no looking back/This time I mean it/Are you happy now? How is it now? Are you happy now? Are you happy?/The uncertainty you had of me/Brought clouded shady company/The tenderness habitual/A seldom-fading ritual/You killed the pair/Now only one is breathing/There's no looking back/This time I mean it/Are you happy now? How is it now? Are you happy now? Are you happy?/ No more leaning on your shoulder/I won't be there, no more bother/If you feel you just might want me/That's too bad, I'm not that easy/The contemplator all those years/Now you must adhere/To your new career of liberation/You've been cast all by yourself/You're free at last/You broke the set/Now there's only singles/There's no looking back/This time I mean it/Are you happy now? How is it now? Are you happy now?/You're by yourself,/All by yourself/You have no one else,/You're by yourself"

--No Doubt

No comments: